RNA binding Energy Funnel on protein surface plotted as rainbow color
A nucleic acid binding residue is always affected by its environment: direct neighbors and indirect neighbors
RBscore achieves a highest level of accuracy
Functional sites are always more conserved in sequence
Energy funnels for different proteins are not necessarily the same
RBscore (RNA binding score)
is a web server to predict RNA/DNA binding sites on protein.
1. It was derived on RNA binding proteins, but shows even higher accuracies on DNA binding proteins;
2. It effectively integrates physico-chemical features with evolutionary feature in prediction;
3. It can describe the nucleic acid binding energy funnel on protein surface;
4. When only sequence information is available, it can predict binding sites on protein sequence using a SVM model, also in high accuracy;
5. Large scale assessment of similar programs are available on NBench.
Make a prediction
Prediction of nucleic acid binding probability in proteins: a neighboring residue network based score.
Miao Z, Westhof E.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Jun 23;43(11):5340-51. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkv446.